Home > Steering Committee Photo WaterAid/ Marco Betti
Steering Committee Minutes
The Steering Committee meets a minimum of six times per year. At least two meetings per year are held in person.
SWA Partner Consultations
Sanitation and Water for All Partner Consultation in South Asia
Colombo, Sri Lanka - April 2011
The SWA Steering Committee held its second partner consultation on April 3, 2011 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Several partners who were in Colombo for SACOSAN IV attended and contributed to the discussions. The Meeting Summary document and Annexes are attached below.
Sanitation and Water for All Partner Consultation In Africa
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia - November 2010
The SWA Steering Committee held its first partner consultation on November 20-21, 2010 in Addis Ababa. Several partners who were in Addis Ababa for Africa Water Week 3 attended and contributed to the discussions. The Meeting Summary document and Annexes are attached below.
Steering Committee Members
The SWA Steering Committee comprises 23 members, representing SWA's seven constituencies.
Steering Committee members are re elected periodically. Following elections over summer 2012, the new Steering Committee convened its first meeting in October 2012.
- Mr. Darren Saywell, WASH/CLTS Technical Director, Plan International USA
- African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) – Dr. Salisu Abdulmumin
- Ghana – Mr. Yaw Asante Sarkodie
- Madagascar – Madame Mialy Raveloarison
- Nepal - Ms. Vijaya Laxmi Shresta
- Pakistan – Mr. Jawed Ali Khan,
- South Sudan - Mr. Peter Mahal Dhieu
- The Netherlands (DGIS ) – Mr. Dick van Ginhoven, Senior Advisor
- Switzerland (SDC) – Mr. Johan Gely, Program Manager
- United Kingdom (DFID) – Mr. Guy Howard, Team Leader
- USA (USAID) - Ms Heather Skilling, Water and Sanitation Specialist
- Water and Sanitation Africa (WSA), Mr Idrissa Doucoure, CEO
- Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) – Mr. Chris Williams, Executive Director
- African Development Bank (AfDB) – Mr. Osward Chanda, Water and Sanitation Department
- Water and Sanitation Program (WSP)- Mr. Dominick De Waal, Senior Finance Specialist
- African Civil Society Network on Water and Sanitation (ANEW) – Mr. Baker Yiga, Executive Secretary
- End Water Poverty (EWP) – Mr Thilo Panzerbieter
- Freshwater Action Network South Asia (FANSA) – Mr. Dibalok Singha
Research and Learning
- International Water and Sanitation Center (IRC) - Ms. Erma Uytewaal, Section Head, Resource Center Development
- WaterAid – Mr. Henry Northover, Head of Policy
- Ms. Bev Pretorius, United Cities and Local Governments of Africa (UCLGA)*
Leading Spokeswoman on Sanitation and Water
- Eng. Ebele Okeke, Former Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Water Resources and Former Head of Nigeria's Civil Service
Secretariat Host (Ex Officio)
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) – Mr. Sanjay Wijesekera, Chief of WASH